The PowerPoint below is to develop work on the language related to chores. The work starts by asking the students to consider how the issue of sexism might appear in the context of chores and then they are asked to list 7 phrases in order of how frequently they are carried out by men in Spain. Slides 4 and 5 provide the answers. The reading task takes this to a European level. Bear in mind that I prepared this work for a low ability group. Next you present the language required to express frequency which is reinforced by a thinking skills activity, albeit a straught forward one as my group require this, in which they have to assign phrases (these are on the worksheet below) to either the man or the woman. I stressed in the lesson that we are talking about how we imagine it to be for older generations in Spain. This is extended further through the Big Brother activities.
- Un soplo permitió a Ignacio González buscar micrófonos en su despacho 48 horas antes de su detención
- Pedro Sánchez exige al PSOE dureza contra el PP por la corrupción
- Hacienda traslada a la Fiscalía que Cristiano Ronaldo defraudó 8 millones entre 2011 y 2013
- Salman Abedi, el suicida de Manchester, "rezaba a gritos en mitad de la calle"
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.