Like many others, I am spending a lot of time developing teaching resources, assessment materials and homework tasks for the new Spanish A level. We are following the AQA syllabus in my school. In developing the new course, I have been trying to give my group plenty of reading practice using the exercise types that appear in the exam e.g. gap fills, synonym search and translation into Spanish based on a text the students can read. Attached are three resources I have made based on recent news items from Spain. I am uploading them in Word so that anyone interested can do what I do and use the format for other texts. I am quite fond of the gap fill exercises as homework tasks given that they are easy to mark.
- El PSOE no considera "reprochable" que sus alcaldes voten en la consulta independentista
- Un alcalde del PSC equipara Cataluña con Dinamarca y España con el Magreb para apoyar el referéndum
- Un juez ordena la exhumación del cadáver de Salvador Dalí tras una demanda de paternidad
- El PSOE acusa a Rajoy de estar tras la financiación ilegal del PP y de pactar con Bárcenas
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.