Like many others, I am spending a lot of time developing teaching resources, assessment materials and homework tasks for the new Spanish A level. We are following the AQA syllabus in my school. In developing the new course, I have been trying to give my group plenty of reading practice using the exercise types that appear in the exam e.g. gap fills, synonym search and translation into Spanish based on a text the students can read. Attached are three resources I have made based on recent news items from Spain. I am uploading them in Word so that anyone interested can do what I do and use the format for other texts. I am quite fond of the gap fill exercises as homework tasks given that they are easy to mark.
- Los correos del 1-O que delatan a Puigdemont y a Oriol Junqueras
- Forn y Trapero tenían previsto que se produjese "una escalada violenta" de los independentistas el 1-O
- Puigdemont contrata a un ex legionario como escolta para Suiza
- Los jubilados exigen bajo una intensa lluvia pensiones dignas: "Ni el agua ni el viento frenan el movimiento"
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.